Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Late Night Crafting

As I was doing dishes late last night I decided that my ugly paper towel holder needed some love! I have had it for 11 years and it has lived in 5 houses so it has been through ALOT! So, after I finished my dishes I got to work. First, I found a shoe box so that I could poke the holder part and the other little piece in the lid so they would stand while I painted them. Then, I painted all the pieces. I chose black acrylic paint. After letting 2 coats of paint dry I traced the bottom of the holder onto a piece of paper ( i used a cute wrapping paper) then glued it down using mod podge I let it dry completely before applying a top coat so that it wouldn't bubble so much. I applied 2 coats of mod podge. I let it all dry over night. I love it!

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment