Wednesday, January 26, 2011

30 days of 30 New Meals

Well, recently I decided to come up with a whole new menu. My family has been pretty tired of me cooking the same old things. So, I searched and searched blogs and websites for something new. I decided to make a 30 day menu. So far every single one has been a HUGE success! Yay! Last night we had Mexican Lasagna and Mexican rice......Soooooo good! I figured because it had green chilies in it my kids would turn their noses up, they didn't even notice them! Here is the recipe.


Mexican Lasagna

In a large pan saute 1 lb Ground Beef, 2 tsp. Chili Powder, and 1 tsp Cumin. Drain. Then add 2 (12 oz) cans of Mexican Stewed Tomatos and 1 can Diced Green Chilies. Simmer for 10 minutes.
In a 9x13 pan layer 6 Corn Tortillas, 1/2 can Refried Beans, 1/2 the Meat Mixture and 1/2 a bag of Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese. Repeat layers one more time. Bake at 375* for 25 minutes.



Tonight I am making Pulled Pork sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment