Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Been A While!


Lily at 18 weeks!

Well I haven't done a post since November. Alot has happened! I found out I'm going to be an AUNT! It's a GIRL! Yay! I can't say enough how excited I am! Her name is Lily and she is due this Spring. Then we had the hectic but super fun holidays. So glad all that shopping and stressing is behind me for a while! Then, a few weeks ago one of my cousins(technically 2nd cousin),  she only 18 years old and a senior in high school became very ill. It all began before Christmas and slowly got worse. Turned out they had to airlift her to  Oklahoma City, OK and was in dying need of a liver transplant. Diagnosis....UNKNOWN. In only 12 hours after being added to the transplant list a donor was matched with her. It is a miracle of God that she is here with us today. She is recovering very well with NO complications! She was released from the hospital on Wednesday but, has to stay near the hospital. So, through some awesome people who held a fundraiser for her they were able to pay for them to stay in a hotel near the hospital!  I never realized how important organ donors are until this moment. It amazes me that out of someone else's grief, sadness and loss that another was given a second chance at life. Bless that family. I am very blessed to call this girl my family. She was the first baby I really got to hold and "help" take care of, I loved going to stay weeks at a time so I could play with her. I always looked so forward to it! It makes me wish I was still that 12 yr old little girl. But, I am not. So,  I will happily watch her grow into a beautiful young lady and someday have her own family and live an awesome life. She is capable of anything. God has awesome plans for her! I love you Breanna!  

 In all that excitement/scary times I have managed to craft a little here and there. I absolutly LOVE my latest! I guess these are MY version of subway art. Kinda. I love never knowing what it will look like until the end! The faith, hope and love sign was made with Breanna in mind. I love it! The words are simple yet they spoke so loud to me. So here is a little recap of my last few months.





My first necklace!
Frame



Headband
Decoupaged sign for my daughter







Before
AFTER!!!
Before
AFTER!!!
My favorite!!
Cookies for Santa


Santa brought her a Hello Kitty bike! She loves Hello Kitty.
Santa brought them Nintendo DSi's!

They had a good holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment