I'm a day or two behind here. Sorry. I have had so much going on. Yesterday my youngest had a dentist appointment to take care of a cavity she had. Well, my kids are like their mom and freak out when they have to go to the dentist. We always pray theat we have done a good job at brushing and flossing so we don't here the dreaded words...You have a CAVITY! Poor little Landry, she had to be sedated. Not because she couldn't handle it. But, because of the dentist and his staffs previous experience with her sister! I'm sure you can imagine the freak outs we have had. My oldest, Anika was sedated, if she had to have work done, up until last year. I had to put a stop to it. After one appointment I stopped at Sonic to get her a milkshake because the dentist told me it would help her get back to herself. So, after I pull out of Sonic we were stopped at a red light, Anika unlocks her door and preceeds to get out of the car! Scared me to death. I mean we were in Fort Smith and traffic wasn't light. So, I quickly grab her arm and pull her back and reach over her to close the door. She then tries to take a drink of the milkshake but it was too thick and she was too numb to suck it through the straw, so she took the lid off, SPILLED it all down the front of her, while I'm driving down the highway! So, I told the dentist that if she EVER had to have work done she would either get it done "awake" or she would have to stay there until it wore off. (Sigh). I relived alot of the the same thing yesterday. Except Little Miss didn't try jumping out of the car, she is still small enough and I was smart enough to put her toddler seat WITH STRAPS in the van for the ride home. She told jokes and talked to her brother and sister, who were not with us, they were at school. It was quite amusing. But, once that stuff began to wear off, a little terror child came out. I really dislike that stuff they give. lol But, I hope with going through this she won't fight me when i say lets brush and floss your teeth! Why is that so hard?
 |
| This was right after she drank the "loopy" medicine. |
 |
| This was after we got home. Poor girl didn't feel good at all. |
Oh, and here is the Pulled Pork recipe I used the other night. We went out to eat last night due to the craziness from going to the dentist.
Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
It was okay. Nobody complained. I'm sure there is one out there better but, none the less it was good. If you have any recipes that you would like to share send them my way! We are still searching for new things.
On tonight's menu:
Crockpot Chicken and Dressing (I'll post recipe soon)
And.....
I made another sign I will post pictures of it soon too!
No comments:
Post a Comment