Friday, January 28, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken and Dressing

This is a recipe that my my Father in law used to make, often. He would always bring us a big bowl of it because he cooked for just himself and he was just sweet like that. I make this every few months so really it's not a "new" recipe but I don't make it enough that we get burned out on it. We LOVE it, well all except Anika. But, 4 out of 5 is not bad! Haha. I sure miss that man.

Crock Pot Chicken and Dressing

3-4 Chicken Breast cooked and shredded (save chicken broth)
10 inch pan of cooked cornbread
1/2 loaf of white bread, toasted
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 stick margarine
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 small onion, chopped
4 cups chicken broth or 2 cans of chicken broth (if you're just making the dressing)

Combine all the ingredients and cook for 4 hours on low in crock pot. Stirring every so often.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm so hungry and want some of this now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good! Definately on our favorite list! And it's so easy to make. : )

    ReplyDelete